What follows are some basic guidelines to help reader’s understand the mission here at ChuckingRocks.com as well as the context in which to read the blog, listen to the podcast, or contribute.
1) Misogyny, misandry, racism, gender discrimination, or any other sort of bigotry are not welcome on this blog ever, under any circumstances.
Believe it or not, many Americans DON’T actually believe in or practice this in their own lives. We’re all certainly aware that racism against people of color is rampant in this country and that women are too often treated unfairly, particularly in the workplace; however, I’m disturbed by the fact that many people who claim to be feminists and/or SJWs are more than happy to voice racist views about white people and/or engage in misandry: the hatred of men.
We should not hate anyone or stereotype them or silence them or dismiss their opinion or deny their human dignity based on race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, etc. Anyone who can’t actively assert this is not a good human being and should re-examine their values.
Additionally, people are better when they take personal responsibility for their lives. Too often we deny ourselves the agency to change life circumstances, make decisions, or when interacting with others. We are at our best when we are free actors making purposeful decisions, and at our worst when we are reactionary trolls who carry a sense of persecution around as if there’s some conspiratorial force out to get us.
On this blog and in my life I try to encourage the former.
3) If what I’m saying doesn’t apply to you—then it doesn’t apply. Like, when I say some women validate their looks/vanity through Insta, but you’re hardly on there, then obviously that’s not about you. Or if I say some guys have no game because they smoke weed all day and do nothing but sit around and play video games—but you don’t smoke or own a game consul, again, it’s obviously not about you.
4) I don’t bullshit people—ChuckingRocks is about the truth. Sometimes that may come across extremely harsh or run counter to what a lot of people believe or maybe it’s something we (including yours truly) don’t want to accept. IDGAF (glossary of acronyms below). I’m not here to blow smoke up your ass. I’m here to put out ideas about how to live a better life and find your purpose, whatever that happens to be.
5) You can believe whatever you want to believe and take from the blog what you will, but I don’t post content that’s not thoroughly edited, thought through, and vetted. I don’t have time for concern trolls, political correctness, or censorship of any kind. Additionally, if you read your emotions into my post, that’s on you, not me.
All that being said, I welcome genuine criticism and am happy to correct and/or edit any content that is inaccurate or misleading.
6) Guest posts are encouraged! All I ask is editorial control: mostly for quality and conventions, not to alter your content–unless it’s inaccurate or misleading. If you’re interested in submitting, sign up for the email list (it’s on the right side bar of the main blog) and reply to one of the newsletters.
7) I am an existentialist and a Christian (link to come), though not in the traditional sense or as is generally practiced in this country. If you’re curious about the details, click on the links.
Glossary of Acronyms
IRL = in real life
MIRL = matching in real life aka “cold approach”
SJW = social justice warrior
IDGAF = I don’t give a fuck
AF = as fuck
SOD = swipe/online dating
NBD = no big deal or not a big deal
TL;DR = too long; didn’t read
BTW = by the way
FB = Facebook
DM = direct message
RT = retweet
HIT = high intensity training